Linkage Inc.'s Best Practices in Leadership Development Handbook
Instruments, Training (J-B US non-Franchise Leadership)
by Louis Carter, Warren Bennis and Marshall Goldsmith
How are the world's most successful organizations developing their leaders? “This book will help anyone who is charged with a leadership development initiative or is learning about leadership development. Full of practical examples and tools from companies that are known for having a reputation for developing leaders.”
Michael Piergrossi; vice president, leadership and organization development, W. R. Grace & Co.
Using the case studies in this book will give you the opportunity you to:
* Benchmark against SmithKline Beecham's 21 Leadership Competencies
* Implement cutting-edge tools including Allied Signal's Career Profile, continuous improvement and performance objectives tools
* Customize a training curriculum that works for your organization based on: Imasco's Operating Company Visits and Work Projects, Colgate-Palmolive's Key Accountability program, or Abbott Lab's Managing Across Boundaries
* And much more!
In 1998, Linkage, Inc., and Warren Bennis collaborated in completing a study of more than 350 companies involved with leadership development and found that:
* Nearly all respondents recognized the need to develop stronger leaders, yet less than 44 percent had a formal process for nominating or developing high-potential employees
* Companies that do successfully build their high-potential employees use structured leadership development systems
* The programs that make a difference include some or all of three critical components: formal training, 360-degree feedback, and most importantly, exposure to senior executives including mentoring programs
The result of this study is Linkage Inc.'s Best Practices in Leadership Development Handbook. With its case study approach, this book gives you access to the practical, easy-to-apply tools, instruments, training, and competency models that fifteen world-class organizations use as benchmarks to successfully implement their leadership development programs.